Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Philips 22pfl3504d/f7 22 inch tv it want turn on

I have a Philips 22pfl3504d/f7 22 inch tv it want turn on and it has a humming noise. Can this be fix or is time to buy a new tv?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for, and when did the problem occur?

Also, are there any other signs of life on the TV (power light lit or blinking, click sound when power is pressed, etc.)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had the tv for at least 4 years. No light are on just a humming sound when plug in.

Thank you for the reply. This means that the power supply is locked up and not powering up properly. This is repairable, but whether or not the cost of repairs is worth it is another matter entirely.

The power supply board needs to be replaced inside the set, as the humming that you're hearing is a shot in the transformer's secondary output which provides all of the voltages to operate the TV.

The average cost to have the board replaced in this set is around $150 parts and labor, and considering the set can be replaced for around $200-$225 for a brand new TV with Warranty, I would recommend against repairing this TV. I know this is not the answer you hoped for today, but the TV does indeed require service, and it is not a cost effective repair on a TV of this size.

I would consider putting that same money towards an LG or Toshiba as they tend to have better reliability from what I've seen.

If you need further assistance let me know. If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the answer accordingly.