Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Mitsubishi WD-65835 has wide multi-colored vertical ines;

My Mitsubishi WD-65835 has wide multi-colored vertical ines; how do I get rid of them?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
If you press MENU on the TV when the problem is occuring, does the MENU display normally on the full screen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've had the set for about 8 yrs; the problem started 2 months ago.

Blu-Ray player, surround sound, Directv. Same issue for any input device.

As for the menu, I'm at work and will have to ask my wife to find out. Can you wait a few minutes for that?

Sure thing that's no problem. Also, I will need to know if the surround and direct tv box each have their own independent connection to the TV.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Both devices have dedicated cables to the TV. Of course, my wife says now the lines have disappeared, but usually it takes several minutes before they show up; she's going to call me back in 5 minutes.

Just in case, can you give both case answers - one for if the lines are on the menu screen and one if they're not?

It's not that simple, and I would need to know the results of the MENU test, as without knowing the results, there's several possibilities either way. Please reply back when you have this information. What we need to know is if the MENU displays clean, clear and perfectly normal when the lines are occuring.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK - please stand by; we're working on it. How long do I have you for? Can I keep the dialogue open between us? Obviously the TV didn't fix itself so I just have to wait till the lines come back before I can find out about the menu thing.

The dialogue stays open indefinitely. If it takes awhile and I log off, you can simply reply back and handle the dialogue like E-mail.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cool. I'll stay on for a while.

Okay sounds good. If you need to leave you can also just log back onto: XXXXX XXXXX click on "My Questions" to get back here, or bookmark the page, or also reply to the Notification E-mail that Just Answer sends you. There's no need to reply back until you're ready as it simply locks me onto the question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The menu shows no lines.

Thanks for the reply. If the external inputs show the lines but the menu appears perfectly normal, then this indeed a fault mainboard. The mainboard is the only one that will cause the external inputs to be affected but the menu to still be normal. You will need to replace the mainboard.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bad news money-wise as the board's $300 but I appreciate your excellent customer service.

I understand, but this is indeed the fault. You can try: www.tvpartsguy.com and also: www.shopjimmy.com to see if they may have a used board for this set. If you need further assistance let me know. If you're satisfied with my service please do not forget to rate the answer.