Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

my remote control has the number CT-90251 on the bottom my

my remote control has the number CT-90251 on the bottom
my tv is about 6 years old it is a toshiba 60" HD
i do not have cable, but my question is, can i still watch tv
with the antennas that are built within the tv, or do i need the
box,?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

Your TV does not have an antenna built into the set, none of these sets do (except for small portable TV's with extendable antennas mounted on the back of them). To view programming on this set, you at least need an HDTV antenna connected to the set, and additionally would need a small DTV (digital to analog) converter box to tune in the stations from over the air and then transmit the signal to your TV.

If you need specifics, it would help (but is not necessary), for me to have the model number off of the back of the TV.

Also, if you need specific recommendations for an antenna and a DTV converter let me know and I will be glad to assist you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you sir, for your time

but when i select menu on my remote it gives me the option of

channel programming with ant 1 or ant 2

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Yes, this is because you have to have an antenna plugged into Ant 1 or Ant 2 jacks on the back of the TV, then run a channel scan. These are simply ports on your TV- they are not built in antennas.

So, you need an antenna as stated in my original answer. Do you need further assistance with this problem, or links to antennas to connect to the antenna jack on the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you again, aric

i wasn't trying to question your expertise, if it seemed that way, i do apologize, i just wasn't sure why the screen displayed that, but you have explained it, that is all i need to know

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No worries- I didn't take it that way, I just wanted to explain what it was the TV was showing when it gave the Antenna options. If you need anything further, let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the answer accordingly.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.