Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

TV - HL61A750A1FXZA high frequency noise is emitting when

high frequency noise is emitting when on. The noise is not as noticeable when a black screen and highly noticeable on a white screen. after googleing it looks like a color wheel but my tv is LED didn't think they had wheels
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for, and when did the problem occur?

Also, is this noise emitting from the TV speakers, or the TV screen itself?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought the set 5ish years ago as an open box return from best buy...

the noise has been here for a good 4 months... but is progressively getting louder

I think its coming from the tv itself because its there when I am using my ps3 which is plugged into external speakers

Thank you for the reply.

The TV does not have a color wheel, it uses an LED Engine with color chips to produce the color on the screen. However the problem may be hard to track down because there are several components that go into generating the image. If you're looking to isolate this yourself, you'll need to operate the TV with the rear panel removed and use a stethescope to track down where the problem is coming from. Possible causes right now would be the LED Engine, the Power Supply, or the DMD board- all of which process and have a large part to play in the image/color projection on the screen. I'm not sure if you're looking to go inside the set yourself to track this down, but if you're not comfortable performing this type of repair yourself, you're looking at between a $300-$550 parts and labor repair.

If you need further assistance let me know and I will continue further.

If you're satisfied with the service, please do not forget to rate the answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I plan on doing this myself.

do you happen to have those part numbers handy?

also if it turns out to be the LED Engine or DMD board do I need to reconfigure anything?

I'm sorry for the delay. The part that would be most likely to be causing the problem, would be the LED Engine, or the LED driver board.

Samsung BP94-02327A LED Driver Board

The LED drive board is unavailable anywhere I've checked. The other option is to purchase the entire LED Engine, but this part is very expensive, and these sets are basically obsolete. I hate telling people that about their very expensive TV's that develop these faults, but this set was plagued with problems that we've seen commonly in the field. The LED chips are prone to failure, the DMD is prone to failure, and the LED driver and Light Engine are also common problems.

The only source I could locate the entire engine from, is a site that is higher priced than most.

You would need to check the part number against the one in your set, as there were 2 revisions of this board.