Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

Tv will not power on, sound but no picture, green LED light

Tv will not power on, sound but no picture, green LED light in front blinking and never quits blinking
Hello, my name isXXXXX'll be happy to assist you,
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- When did you replace lamp in TV last time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

never been replaced

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

never been replaced

Thanks Mike for the reply.

- Do you get sound of program in TV speakers but no picture and green light keeps blinking?
- How old is the TV and how was the picture quality before the problem occurred?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we get sound, tv bought in2008, was working fine the night before but started this the next day when we turned it on

Thanks for the info.

- Have you tried to press System-Reset button located on front control panel to reset TV and check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes we have

Thanks Mike for the info.
There are two possible reasons for this kind of symptoms in TV, either it has few bad capacitors in power supply board that are causing insufficient / unstable volts that prevents TV to boot up properly OR its lamp is about to fail and TV tries to fire it up but its not happening and green light is blinking to show that TV is in bootig cycle, since lamp is not dead yet so lamp light doesn't lit.
Bad capacitors in power supply board requires visual check and TV will be disassemble to take out chassis to access to power supply board, this kind of work should be done by handy person to avoid any damage to TV.
If capacitors look good and non is bulged or leaky then replace lamp in TV that is available in Mitsubishi Parts (official site).
Please click to locate TV repair shops in area to get capacitors replacement quote if you are not working on it yourself.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!