Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.

i have a sharp aquos 77 series tv. It seems to be stuck on

i have a sharp aquos 77 series tv. It seems to be stuck on input1 (my beyonwiz) I can't change the input with the remote or on the tv itself. There is audio coming through but no picture. I can see the input1 picture on the screen. Any advice? thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

Any chance that ou can get me the model number off of the back of the TV?

How long have you had the set for, and when did the problem occur?

What exactly do you see on the screen, if you press MENU, Input or Volume using the buttons on the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

model number LC-32D77X

had it for a 3-4 years, problem occurred about 30 mins ago

it is a black screen with the blue 'input1' message in the top right hand corner of the screen. I can change that using the 'display' button on the remote.

if I use any buttons on the tv, nothing changes apart from using the 'power' button, which turns it off/on.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. What exactly changes when you use the display button?

Also, is this using the tv remote or a cable box remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can only toggle through the size of the display information shown on the screen. There is no picture at any point. This is using the tv remote. The tv remote can change anything that shows a display directly from the tv such as the sleep timer etc.

If I use the box remote, it changes channels etc (I can hear different voices as the channels change etc) but nothing changes on the screen.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay I understand.

I need you to do a few things here to try and correct this.

First, shut the TV and cable box down. Then unplug the cable box from power for 2 minutes. Unplug the TV as well.

Then disconnect the HDMI cable between the Box and TV. Press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 5 seconds, then plug the HDMI cable back into both devices.

Plug the Cable Box, and the TV back into power. Once the cable box has rebooted, turn it and then the TV both on. Let me know if you have the same problem.

If so, please reply back and we can continue here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YOU ARE A LEGEND! Thanks so much for your help. It now works the same as before.

Thanks again.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Excellent and I am glad to hear that! Thank you for the kind words, and if you could please take a minute to rate my answer, this will ensure the site gives me credit for my work.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.