Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I have an 47LW5300-UC (LG) flatscreen, all of a sudden the

I have an 47LW5300-UC (LG) flatscreen, all of a sudden the HDMI 1 and 2 stopped working, but 3 is still working...any ideas? When I plug the components into Port 3 from Port 1 or 2 they work in Port 3...but one and 2 are not. Thanks!
Hello, my name isXXXXX'll be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having this difficulty.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug HDMI wires then unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug, turn TV On and connect HDMI wires so TV can recognize it again?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Shahid. Yes, I unplugged everything on those outlets, reset them all and plugged them back into the HDMI Port 1 and 2. If I plug them (Dish and Blu-Ray) are plugged into HDMI 3, no problems at all. So the wires and products can't be bad...something with HDMI 1 and 2? Thanks

Thanks Mark for the reply.

- Have you tried to update TV frimware that might help to resolve the issue with HDMI 1 and 2 ports as it could be firmware issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes - I did do an upgrade from V.3 to V.5, reset everything and tried again - same thing.

Thanks Mark for the info.
It seems HDMI / main processor chip failure that is why HDMI 1 & 2 lost its function.
I'm sorry for no good news, we need to replace main board of TV.
If TV is still under warranty then please call LG to take care of it and if unit is out of warranty then please get the part number of main board off the sticker on it to search / google it for better price to get it replaced that would resolve the issue.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem that appears hardware failure and main board replacement is only option as all other software related options have already been tried but didn't work.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I replace it without soldering? Thanks again.

Yes Mark, its like replacing board in computer, plug and play type thing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great thank you! I will give you good ratings, figured the board, but figured I'd ask. Thanks

You're welcome Mark, Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.