Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

i have a sony LCD digital tv Model KDL 55EX710 serial(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Customer Question

i have a sony LCD digital tv Model KDL 55EX710 serial(NNN) NNN-NNNN Press power button on TV ( does same thing using the remote power on) TV does turn on, green light goes on for a second, then TV goes into stand by mode immediately. In stand by mode, red light blinks 5 times goes off then blinks 5 times and so on. Have tried turning TV on and off, unplugging from power source, and using alternate plug. Not sure what to try next. The manual says to call SONY and to know how many times red light blinks. Can you please advise?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is Aric and I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for, and when did the problem occur?

Also, are you 100% certain that the blink code on the set if 5, and not 4 or 6? I only ask because 5 is quite rare and the other two are more common.