Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Panasonic TC-P60ST50 and a Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S390/BX39

I have a Panasonic TC-P60ST50 and a Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S390/BX39 connected via HDMI. No matter how I set up the Screen Settings on the Blu-Ray, there is stuff on the right and left that is cut off. I don't know if the problem is with the Sony device or the TV. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

Have you tried the adjustment on the Panasonic TV remote for "Aspect Ratio and Zoom", which is just to the right of the MUTE button?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. I haven't tried that. Didn't know about it. :(

Thanks for the reply.

There are only two ways to correct this problem, and the first is the settings using the Sony remote for Format, and Aspect ratio that you've already tried.

The other, are the Aspect and Zoom Settings on the Panasonic TV using the TV remote. The button you need to use is directly below the "G" in the row labeled "r,g,b,y".

This also changes the picture/screen size adjustments.

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the answer.