Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

hi i have a philips model no 42PFP5532D/05 and it was workin

Customer Question

hi i have a philips model no 42PFP5532D/05 and it was workin perfectly last nite but when we turned it on this mornin the screen is jus a black flashin screen constantly!do u know if i can be fixed
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu screen flashing too?or is this steady

Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing is workin when buttons are pressed
Hi

So when the menu button is pressed the menu does not come up....

Do you have any sound?

Is the powerlight lit as normal to ON or is this blinking?

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no nothing is comin up at all and there is no.sound it is just a black flashin screen with a flickin noise the power button is on bt no its not flashin
Hi

Sorry I got cut off...

OK if the sets own menu isnt coming up either you have no sound no picture screen flashing then it would appear the mainboard has gone bad

The set can be fixed thats no problem another mainboard in there and you should be good do you think you can do that yourself or is this out of your scope?

An engineer would charge about £150 for replacing the mainboard

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
were would i get another mainboard
Hi

I will help you with that but first please let me know the full details of the fault did the sound and picture go at the same time

And you are sure the sets own menu doesnt show at all?

You cant see the picture at all on the display?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes all wnt at same time no cant c a thng
Hi

Sorry about slow getting back to you my internet connection is bad today

OK if your going to do this yourself you need to get the back off the set and look for the board with all the AV connections on thats the mainboard I will need the partnumber from this board it will be on a sticky label or etched on the board itself write down all what you can see and post it back to me here

Anthony