Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a 60" Pioneer Elite PRO-150FD Plasma TV (instruction

I have a 60" Pioneer Elite PRO-150FD Plasma TV (instruction manual is on line I bought in 2007. I want to hook a powered VIZIO S4251 w-B4 Sound bar, an Apple TV, a BlueRay DVD Player and a Wii to it as well as my Dish Network receiver to it. It looks like there are enough HDMI ported but I am not sure how to connect the VIZIO. I am not using the side speakers that came with the TV as I was using a Bose Lifestyle 35 Home Entertainment System DVD with VS-2 video enhancer and Bose SL2 wireless surround link which I want to replace because it doesn't work right. The TV has 7 + connections. In the back are: 1 is for VCR with 1 S-Video and 1 AV cable input. 2 is for DVD player with 1 compound video and 1 AV cable input. 3 is on the left side for video game or photo with component video and AV cable inputs. There is also a USB port on the side. 4,5,6,&7 are HDMI ports in the back. 4 & 5 allow supplemental analog audio input. Back also has ports to connect AV receiver with optical digital or AV cable. There is RGB and AV cable ports to connect a PC.
Hello, and thank you for the question. Do you have all of the devices connected except for the soundbar connected"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still have the old system but, unfortunately I am a retired aerospace engineer and a TV nut so I wanted to make a wiring diagram that would help minimize down time and maximize performance and there just seem to be too many options.
Thank you for the reply.

I would connect the Cable Box via HDMI to the first HDMI port (Input 4), as it is typically used more and therefore would be placed first.

The Apple TV is another broadcast device, and I would connect to HDMI Input 5 on the set.

The Blu Ray player to HDMI Input 6, and the Wii, depending on if you have the standard RCA red,white and yellow, or the optional component video (red,blue,green,red and white RCA connections), to the composite, or component video inputs on the Pioneer respectively.

With regards XXXXX XXXXX Vizio Soundbar, the best quality of signal transfer it is capable of is "Optical", and therefore I would run an optical cable from the Optical Out, to Optical Input 4 on the Vizio Soundbar system.

This method of connection would route all AV signals directly to the TV, based on the best signal transfer method they can provide, and then pass the audio signal out to the Vizio system.

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where do you see the Optocal Out port in the diagrams?
Thank you for the reply.

You had stated in the initial query that the "Back also has ports to connect AV receiver with optical digital or AV cable." You were referring to the back of the TV correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I see it now. Thanks
You're welcome. The Vizio also has an Optical Input jack which is labeled "Optical 4" on the array of Inputs.

If you're satisfied with my service, please don't forget to rate my answer.