Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

my 52 inch sony Bravia tv. has an issue with the picture which

Customer Question

my 52 inch sony Bravia tv. has an issue with the picture which continually flashes on and off. However the power remains on. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

Hi! My name is Tim, I am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-When you have no picture, if you push the MENU (or home) button on the tv, does the menu show up?
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I hit the home button the picture still flashes on and off but if I hit the option button I can use the pull down menu.
The picture does not flash on and off while using the DVD.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
OK so the menu stays on the screen at all times, and when watching a DVD you never have this problem?

Do you have cable or satellite?