Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

How do I reset to the factory settings fir rca model f27636bc.

How do I reset to the factory settings fir rca model f27636bc. Someone touched a menu button and I only get a snowy screen

Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-How is the cable box hooked to the tv?

The choices are:

Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable

Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.

HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.

Coax: This is 1 wire between the tv and the device as well. This is the normal cable wire with the end the screws

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK so what happens when you push the INPUT button on the RCA remote?

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

old tv and remote is gone. only have access to the menu screen on the front of the tv

Ok, go out of the menu, then use the channel down button on the front of the tv, keep pushing it until you get to the lowest channel, it should then cycle through the video inputs and back to the high channels.

Do you get your picture back on one of the inputs between the lowest and the highest channels?

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is now bouncing between 70 and 79. No other channels show up when I push the down button.

Thats not good then, I dont think there is any way to get this done other than with the remote.

Do you have any remotes (universal or other) that are programmed to control this tv?

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

time warner remote

OK so try this....push the TV button at the top of the time warne remote. Then push the VIDEO SOURCE button on the bottom left, what happens?

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got it a different way. It needed to go to 00 rather that 03 and I had a RCA universal remote. Thanks.

Awesome, glad you got it working!

Let me know if you ever need anything please.

Thanks,
Tim