Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

the power light flashes green,then flashes red about 6 times

the power light flashes green,then flashes red about 6 times or so then turns off. kdf -50e3000 bought in 2007
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-You are saying it blinks red 6 times then stops OR 6 times, pause 6 times pause, repeat?
-Any problems with the tv before this?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
You are saying it blinks red 6 times then stops OR 6 times, pause 6 times pause, repeat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tv turns off

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK sorry, I am not understanding what is going on.

Please tell me what exactly the tv does after you push the power button? (light blink, click noise, etc.)

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

try green,red lights flashes then stop along with click noise inside back of tv ,no picture or sound nothing

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
That is odd, this tv normally gives us an error code when the red light starts blinking...normally something like 5 blinks pause 5 blinks pause repeat.

You have never seen this?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is that your answer 2 the problem?.even if it normally does what u say, it don't work

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
No thats not an answer at all...I am troubleshooting the problem here and trying to find out if you ever have seen it give an error code at any time or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no once again ;i don't know what error code u r referring 2 other than lamp,
being replaced before

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK is your tv doing this:

Tv turns on and you get picture and sound for awhile
Then the tv shuts off by itself, green light starts blinking
Then tv turns back on by itself and works fine for awhile
then the tv shuts off by itself, green light starts blinking
then the tv turns back on by itself and works fine for awhile
repeat
repeat
repeat

Is that what your tv is doing?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no sir, no picture, no sound, no snow, nothing,

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK so you hit the power button, it blinks green then blinks red 6 times, then goes off and does nothing until you push the power button again?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, it repeat itself . perhaps its a defective product.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Have you pulled the lamp out to inspect it?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

lamp is good, plus lamp never came on.
I check it. the tv is 6 yrs old ,u tried, thanks I appreciate your efforts some things cant be fixed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a different Expert. The 6 blinks of the light you got, is a code built into the TV telling us that the Thermal Fuse in the TV has failed, and needs to be replaced. There isn't a quick fix for this problem unfortunately, and the problem will require component replacement to fix the problem. A Technician will typically charge you around $150 parts and labor for this type of repair. I wish I had better news, and if you'd like to have the set repaired, you can use the link below to locate a Tech in your area:

www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the answer accordingly.

Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.