Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

Samsung Model SSLNT4661FX/XAA. TV works fine after it is

Samsung Model SSLNT4661FX/XAA. TV works fine after it is on, but two questions.
1. TV takes a very long time to come on.
2. It frequently comes on with red and white pixels. I can always fix this by turning it off and turning it on again immediately; the pixels are gone.

Welcome! I'm Dan, a TV repair pro with more than 10 years of experience in consumer electronics troubleshooting and repair. I'd be happy to help!

How long does it take to turn on? Has that time increased on the past weeks or months?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I timed it. It took two minutes to turn on.

Has that time increased over the past weeks?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The long time for the turn on has existed for about a year. The set works fine when it is on.

OK, thanks for clarifying. That's what I expected, based on this model's history.

More specifically, with this model, everything you're describing is very common. This model has been well known to have faulty capacitors on the power supply board, which causes this exact issue.

So well known, in fact, Samsung actually settled a class-action lawsuit about it in March 2012. This is good news for you, because Samsung will repair the unit at no charge… even if the unit is no longer covered under the original warranty.

You need to call 1-(NNN) NNN-NNNN That’s the support line for these claims. You can also read more about the settlement at this link.

If you’d rather repair it yourself, let me know and I can help you. You would have to pay for the parts.

I hope this is GOOD news, and that it answers your question. If it doesn't, just let me know!

Thanks again for using the site, and for letting me assist you. If you need anything else, now or in the future, be sure to let me know! There are other categories, too... Legal, Medical, etc.

Oh! The site should be sending you a short survey. I'd really appreciate good marks. Thanks in advance!