Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

I have a 60" Sharp Aquos. The pickqure is off the TV, like

I have a 60" Sharp Aquos. The pickqure is off the TV, like the pisture is to big for the TV.
Bob h.

Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model # XXXXX the set is about a year and half old. I have tried the DVD after this started
So the DVD is affected too?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure I have used the DVD since the problem started.
Can you try a DVD now to test it and let me know?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just tried a disc in the DVD and it is doing the same thing
OK so please push the VIEW MODE button several times on the Sharp remote (the one that came with the tv), does the screen get to the correct size?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, that did not help.
When you push it several times, what happens?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
A view mode drops down with four titles, one is side bar, one is s.stretch, one is zoom and last one is stretch. The only one that changed is the side bar, the picture got smaller side to side.
OK, do you have a cable/satellite box? If so, who is your cable/satellite provider?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have Directv
OK on the top left of the Direct TV remote there is a FORMAT button, please push that several times, what happens?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tim, that did the trick, the pickure is back to full size. Thanks for your help.
Awesome! Glad you got it working. Please let me know if you ever need anything at all.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!