Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have bravia ksd-50a3000 the green light blinks and than turns

Customer Question

I have bravia ksd-50a3000 the green light blinks and than turns to red and blinks six times. What does that mean?

Thanks
Karel
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-Does it blink 6 times and stop, or 6 times pause 6 times pause repeat)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

6 times pause 6 times pause and its five year's old.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK 6 blinks is a lamp door error, have you taken the lamp out recently?

Tim
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now I get ten green lights and one red one and it keeps doing it after I put the door back on?

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK so it blinks green 10 times, pause one red, pause, 10 green, pause, one red, pause, 10 green, pause, repeat over and over again?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is barely any pause between the green and the red. I unpluged the tv and pluged it back in and its working again. Like it times out?

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
The tv is working fine now?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it work's for a while than it just quits.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
When working, the picture and sound are perfect?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK is your tv doing this:

Tv turns on and you get picture and sound for awhile
Then the tv shuts off by itself, green light starts blinking
Then tv turns back on by itself and works fine for awhile
then the tv shuts off by itself, green light starts blinking
then the tv turns back on by itself and works fine for awhile
repeat
repeat
repeat

Is that what your tv is doing?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I a actually have to unplug th tv for a minute or so and when I plug it dack in it starts working for a little while than it looses picture again. Than I unplug it again plug it back in and it works for a little while.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK when it looses picture, if you push the MENU button on the tv, does the menu show up?

Also when you loose picture what does the light on the front do?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will let you tomorrow more information. Thanks!

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
No problem, take your time and let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im watching the tv right now and as long as I dont surf channels I seem to be ok. It seems to lock up when I do that. After the Hawks game I will try to enter the channel that I would like to watch next and see if that works also. I will let you know tomorrow.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
that is very intersting, if my theory is correct I think the menu will show up when you have the problem.

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The tv worked fine as long as I typed in the number. If I try to surf channels it will lockup and I get 10 greed and one red blink. I dont see a menu on my tv or the remote.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a cable box or does the cable go straight from the wall to the tv?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No box straight from the wall to tv.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK so you use the SONY remote to change channels?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK we should try reporgramming the channels then at this point. Can you go into the menu and run the auto channel programming stup again, you would have done this when you first hooked the tv to cable.

Let me know how it goes please.

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I thought to do that too I’m at work right now, will do it when I get home and will let you know how it goes.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK sounds good, let me know when you get a chance to do it.

Thanks!
Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
thanks
tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tim,

After I reprogrammed the tv everything is working fine.

It would be nice to know what cased this.

Thanks!

Karel

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
So normally this is caused by a hiccup in the EEPROM of the tv, normally it wont come back again and it will be fine from here forward.

If you ever have any problems though Karel, please let me know!

Thanks,
Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will keep you in mind.

Thanks again!

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Tim