Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

47 LG plasma, picture fades to black after a few minutes when

Customer Question

47' LG plasma, picture fades to black after a few minutes when cable connected, but just watched a 2 hour movie (VCR) and no fade... can't figure it out. Thanks!
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

Hi! My name is Tim, I am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-Do you have a cable box or does the cable go straight from the wall to the tv?

-When it fades, if you push the MENU button on the tv itself, does the menu show up?

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

- About 3 years old.

-cable box

- have not tried menu thing yet

One other thing- the VCR was connect with the standard red/white/yellow cables, and the cable with five cables. It occurred to try connecting the cable to the TV using the R/W/Y- I tried it for a few minutes and no problem so far, but I don't have time to test yet. Could it be a cable problem??

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Can you try the menu the next time it goes dark and let me know please?