Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I came home and no picture but volume is working. My wife

Customer Question

I came home and no picture but volume is working. My wife says eeveryhting was working this morning. I come and no picture. We only had this tv for 7 months. The box says there is a two year service warranty'
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

Hi! My name is Tim, I am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-If you push the MENU button on the tv itself, does the menu show up?

-If you look close at the screen in a dark room, do you see a slight glow to the screen?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

55 LM4700ue

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

push the menu button nothing happens

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

When the tv is on, if you look close at the screen in a dark room, do you see a slight glow to the screen?

Tim

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its still daylight Tim not dark yet

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
You normally can tell if you get the room as dark as you can. (lights off, blinds closed etc.) Just look at the screen really close, maybe cup your hands to the screen and look real close, you should be able to tell a difference between off and on...a slight glow should be present.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no glow

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are we allowed to call you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no glow can we call you

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
OK no glow indicates we have an internal failure in the tv, so yes this will be covered under warranty.

You will want to unplug/plug the tv in first and if that does not solve it then you will want to call 800-243-0000 to get started on the warranty repair process.

Tim