Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

Love the TV. Volume from the remote at MAXIMUM is still just

Customer Question

Love the TV. Volume from the remote at MAXIMUM is still just barely enough. Any place or control that can be used to increase it enough so it can be heard better? Please. Can I get some help. Richard Simon XXX-XXX-XXXX XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is Tim, I am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

LG 26LD350
Unknown age of unit. Was bought for us and given to us.

No difficulty with any other item as do not believe any device is connected to the TV.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Have you had this problem since the beginning, or was it working fine and has now started acting up?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Believe it was slightly loader when we first got it. Seems to have goten softer slowly during the year.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK how is the tv situated in the room? (hanging on the wall, on a stand against a wall, on a stand in a corner, etc.)

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unit is on a floor stand with room all around it. Remote control is used from about five feet away.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
How far behind the tv is the nearest wall? (3 inches, 2 feet, etc.?)

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

TV is about 18" to 24" from a wall. Its on an angle from the wall .

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
OK that is most likely your issue, these tvs project the sound out the back of them and if not up against a wall the sound will be poor. Its a major problem and a major designe flaw in my opinion, I dont understand why the manufactures are stuck on doing it this way.

Try putting it flat against a wall for a test if you can please...do you think the sound quality impoves?

Tim
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Richard,

I am sorry, I do not understand how I have given you POOR SERVICE today? I have explained to you what we normally find as a problem and asked you to do a test to confirm it or not.

I have been waiting for your reply but all I got back was a poor rating instead?

I am sorry, I do not understand, did I miss something?

Tim
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I am trying to help you here, I need you to respond to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT tab rather than just repeating a poor rating.

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Explained it as best that I could - but nothing has changed.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Richard, I dont think that your message came though to me?

You say you tried putting it against a wall and it did not help the sound problem at all?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The TV is still not fully loud enough for my wife, my daughter, nor me. I believed you would be able to increase the volume some means. I paid for service. I did not get a satifactory result to my problem. Therefore I would like my initial fee or charge cancelled, as I am not satisfied. Is that clear!

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Richard, so you are giving up here?

I want to make sure you understand that this is a process, we are troubleshooting...so just because I asked you to try one thing does not mean that its over, we normally keep troubleshooting until we figure it out.

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO< I AM NOT SATISFIED> PLEASE REFUND THE MONEY I SENT TO YOU. AS YOU PROMISED.