Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

had power blip - now rca dlp will not turn on - Ideas ??

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV?

Also, how long have you had the set for, and what signs of life is the TV currently showing (power light lit or blinking, click sound when power is pressed, etc.)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model m50wh72s - at least 5 yrs old

no lights no click just nothing

Thank you for the reply.

There are a possible one of two issues that can be causing the problem with your TV.

If you haven't already done this, please disconnect the set form power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 20 seconds. Then plug the TV back in, also checking the power cord connection at the TV to make sure it is secure. Also, check the outlet for signs of life with another device to make sure the AC outlet is working. Then press power on the TV. Let me know if anything changes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

now have power light - solid then flashes - but no picture

Is the light blinking continuously, or in a pattern (such as 3 blinks, pause, 3 blinks, pause, etc.)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

5 blinks then soild on - then repeat

Okay, this is an error code generated by the TV and can help us determine the failure internally.

When you press power on the set, do you hear the Fans turn on, followed by a slight click, then a buzz sound before the light blinks 5 times?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fans come on but no click no buzz

The 5 blink code on this set indicates that you have a faulty Lamp and it needs to be replaced. When was the last time you replaced the lamp on your TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

never LOL

thanks for ur expert help

You're very welcome! What we'd want to do next is replace the lamp on our TV, which is available for purchase at the link below. That is what the 5 blink code is stating and also the reason your TV doesn't get past the Fans turning on stage:

http://www.bulbamerica.com/rca-m50wh72s-assembly-with-high-quality-original-bulb-inside.html?mr:trackingCode=3025E3F1-D09D-E211-B425-BC305BEDE924&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&gclid=CIOa78_I_bcCFcqe4Aod60YA0Q

If you need further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please rate the answer accordingly.