Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a model #37MF231D/37 and the screen wont come on.

I have a model #37MF231D/37 and the screen won't come on. The power light flashes intermittently. I unplugged it for a minute and plugged it back in.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for, and when did the problem occur?
Was it after a storm or power outage?
Does the standby/timer light blink continuously, or in a pattern (such as 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, pause, etc.)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We bought the tv in 2007 and it just started acting up today. No storms or power outages. It is a constant blinking.
Thank you for the reply. This issue can happen due to one of two things.

Please try the steps below to reset the EEPROM in the TV and see if you still have the same problem. Disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 15 seconds. Then plug the set back in and let me know if the blinking light occurs, or if it occurs after you press power.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still blinking
Thank you. I had asked if it started blinking as soon as it was plugged in, or only after you pressed power?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
As soon as it was plugged back in.
When you press power is there a click sound, or any response at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No response

Thanks for the reply.

There is a failure on the power supply board inside the TV. Commonly the capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail. They can sometimes be visually verified by removing the rear of the set and inspecting them for bulges or leaking fluid at the top or the base of the caps. This is the most common mode of failure for these sets. The problem could also be a cracked solder joint, or failed IC regulator, in which case it would be more cost effective to replace the board itself. The link to the power supply board for your TV is below:

Unfortunately there is no sequence of buttons or reset you can perform to get the set working again.

If you're not comfortable doing this yourself, a Tech will charge around $225 parts and labor for this TV. In this case I would suggest using the link below to locate a technician in your area: