Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Aric, My Samsung LN40B530 purchased in 12/09 has a screen

Customer Question

My Samsung LN40B530 purchased in 12/09 has a screen with the picture blinking on and off every few seconds. The picture does this blinking via every input. I removed the back of the tv and have a power board with a labeled affixed of CN 08BN4400264BDC07DIC3436. I have been told to replace this entire board if I want to retain this tv. where would i find a replacement and what would be your estimate of the cost?

Thank you,
Darryle Pope
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello Darryle, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
If you press MENU on the TV when the problem is occuring, does the MENU display normally on the full screen- or does it also blink?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The tv was purchased 12/09. The problem began about six months ago, the screen going blank for several seconds then the picture would come back as normal. The next time the tv was turned off and then on it would repeat the few seconds of blank screen and then a normal picture. The occurance of the screen blinking became more frequent until now, 3 seconds of picture then 3 seconds of blank screen.

Yes, DVD, cable, and VHS connected to the tv. The screen blinks with all inputs.

The tv menu display also blinks.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the reply.

The problem is indeed the power supply output that drives the Inverters which light the LCD panel. The frequency of the blinking is due to the supply oscillating and not being able to supply the voltage to these Inverters, and the supply should be replaced. The link below is where you can purchase the power supply board for your TV to fix the problem:

That one is actually showing as out of stock, and actually all of the vendors I've checked are no longer showing new, used, or pulled power supplies for this TV as available. You may need to get the supply you have serviced as these parts are scarce to not- available for your TV. If you'd like to do this, you can use the link below to locate a TV repair shop to repair the supply board:

Another option is to keep in contact with: as they are a pulled parts supplier and are the best at locating hard to find boards. They are currently showing out of stock on about all of the boards for this TV currently, but if you have them put you on their list, they will contact you once a board becomes available:

The last resort, would be to scour with the model number of your TV and the keyword "power supply" to try and find a used board.

I wish I had better news, but because the problem is so common, the supply board is scarce to not available at this point in time.