Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  BSEE (Electrical Engineer), 10+ years electronic design experience ,chip, board, component expert

I have a panasonic TV TH-50PZ80U I t has a 3 inch wide vertical

Customer Question

I have a panasonic TV TH-50PZ80U I t has a 3 inch wide vertical stripe a little right
of center. The cable company has checked and says it is the TV. How do I cure?
Category: TV
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi there happy to help.

Does this happen on all inputs to the TV? DVD, cable, etc....?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have a DVD. I have cable. It happens only with

this set. Cable people checked and said it is not cable.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
OK, please unplug the TV for 5 minutes and try again. Let me know results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It will take me a few minutes to reconnect.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The stripe is still there. I have to go out for about two hours. Will check in later.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
OK, can you tell me how old the tv is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The set is 4 or five years old.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks,

You have one of two problems......You either have a bad board in the TV or a failed plasma display. Now it could be one of 2 or three boards in the TV you will have to have a technician troubleshoot on site to find the exact fault.

If the fault turns out to be the display, the TV is not worth fixing as this will cost more to repair than a new TV. If the issue is a failed board, you are looking at around 300 dollars to repair and in this case will be worth fixing.

Call here..........

1-800-973-4390

On a TV this size they will send someone to you.

Please don't forget to rate me and have a great day.
Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Experience: BSEE (Electrical Engineer), 10+ years electronic design experience ,chip, board, component expert
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Different expert here. I'm Dan, and I'd like to help you with this. I've fixed this exact issue on your TV many times, and I can help you do it. Your plasma panel is almost certainly OK, and it's very easy to determine which circuit board you're going to need. It'll cost you about $20, and I can help you replace the board. Let me know if you want to do it!