Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

this tv is not even 2 years old and the power light goes on

this tv is not even 2 years old and the power light goes on and shuts off in 1 second, no picture or sound
Is it worth it to have it fixed or can I fix it my self
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Does the screen of the tv actually backlight, and does the set stay on but without picture or sound? Or does it essentially shut itself completely off after you turn it on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the tv does not stay on, light goes on for 1 second and shuts off

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.

Did this problem start occuring randomly then suddenly the TV will not come on?

Or is this the first time it happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we were watching it in the afternoon and then at night when we went to put it on it stopped working. the tv light went on for 1 second and then shut off. tv was fine for 1 1/2 years

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, what you want to do first, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds. Then plug the set back in and press power once. This resets the EEPROM and can sometimes cure the issue you're having.

If it does not, then you have a fault in the power supply board of the TV. Commonly the capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail. They can sometimes be visually verified by removing the rear of the set and inspecting them for bulges or leaking fluid at the top or the base of the caps. This is the most common mode of failure for these sets. The problem could also be a cracked solder joint, or failed IC regulator, in which case it would be more cost effective to replace the board itself.
Unfortunately there is no sequence of buttons or reset you can perform to get the set working again.

If you're looking to repair this yourself, you'd need to replace the power supply board which can be purchased at the link below for your set:

http://compare.ebay.com/like/230866420038?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We tried resetting the TV. The green light came on but no picture.

We removed the TV from the cable. The TV power light is green and will not power down. We tried using the remote with a new set of batteries and the power switch on the TV. We can not power the TV down, unless we unplug it. If we unplug it and plug it in again. The green light stays on.

We initially saw an input screen (ex HDMI1, ant-cab) but can no longer get that screen, only black. The green light stays lit unless we unplug TV.

Let us know what else we can try.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately there's nothing else on a user level that you can try and the set would require service as indicated above. I know this is not the answer you'd hoped for but I don't have a quick fix for this problem.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.