Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Problem with Panasonic HD Plasma TV model TH-50PX75U. Picture

Problem with Panasonic HD Plasma TV model TH-50PX75U.
Picture went blank and red light flashing on front bottom left corner. Unplugged TV and then plugged back in. Pushed manual power button but still no picture. Red light keeps flashing 7 times then goes off briefly and then comes on flashing again 7 times...then off and on again flashing...seems to be In a loop with pattern of flashing . Could it be the power switch that is causing problem and not keeping TV on?. Please help. thanks.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. The problem is not caused by the power button on your set. The 7 blink pattern of the power light is actually a code used to tell a tech what the problem is in the set. 7 blinks on a Panasonic plasma is a fault on one of the sustain boards in the TV typically, or possibly the Main or the Power Supply board. Either of these faults is something that requires internal testing and component replacement to fix. You're looking at roughly a $300 parts and labor repair depending on which circuit has the fault. I know this is not the answer you'd hoped for but there isn't a quick fix for this problem and the set does require service. if you'd like, you can use the following site to locate a tech in your area: