Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We are having problems with our Vizio E552VLE model remote.

We are having problems with our Vizio E552VLE model remote. We changed batteries but it and the tv won't change channels or volume. help please
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Do you have a cell phone camera or digital camera so we can test the remote, and see if it's working?

The problem is either going to be in the TV, or the remote.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have a cell phone camera.

Thanks for the reply.

Turn on the camera and look through the Viewfinder. Aim the remote so the tip of it is directed at you. Then press any of the buttons on the remote and look for a bright white flash. If you don't see it, then the remote is faulty and needs to be replaced.

If you do see the white flash, then the TV's IR (infra red) sensor is faulty and not picking up the remote's IR signal. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well before you responded my dear husband turned the power off for the entire TV. turned back on and apparently it works now. Sorry to inconvenience you.

Denise

Well I'm glad to hear it's working now Denise! If you need anything further let me know. The test above tells you which is causing the problem.