Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Hi! We have a Samsung flat screen tv (Model HLT5075SX/XAA)

Hi! We have a Samsung flat screen tv (Model HLT5075SX/XAA) that has two lights blinking -- one is red, the other green. When you turn it on, it goes on for about 10 seconds then goes off and won't come on again unless you unplug it and replug it. Then the same thing happens. Can you tell me what is wrong? and how to fix?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

How long have you had the Samsung for and when did the problem occur?

Also, has any work ever been done on this TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We've had the tv for approx 6-7 years. No, no work has ever been done othre than replacing the bulb twice.

Thank you for the reply.

The three lights blinking on the front of the set are directly telling you that the Lamp has failed and needs to be replaced per the Samsung Manual.

If you replaced the Lamp 2 years or more ago, this is about the average lifespan of a lamp (although they can last much longer in some cases).

If you replaced it more recently than that and used a lesser priced substitute lamp- as opposed to an OEM lamp, then this is actually common as the lesser priced lamps do not hold the gas charge for as long as the OEM's and can cause this problem.

The solution based on the 3 blinking lights is to replace the Lamp with an OEM lamp (which can be purchased at the link below for your set):

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it isn't three lights blinking. it is two lights blinking - one red and one green.

Okay I understand. Which ones are blinking is significant as each one is labeled differently. Please tell me which one is blinking Red, and which one is blinking Green (Temp, Timer, Lamp).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you are looking at the tv, the order of the lights is: left red light blinnking, then one that isn't on, then green light blinking (on the right). They are not labeled.

They are labeled right on the power button. Hold on and let me look up what the blink codes are for this set.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

According to your manual, if the light on the left is blinking(Standby/Temp), the middle one is not (Timer), and the Right one is also blinking (Lamp), then the Lamp cover on the side of the TV is not properly shut.

Unplug the TV, then carefully remove and reinstall the lamp making sure it is secure, then carefully close the lamp cover making sure it is secure as well.

Plug the set back in and attempt to power it up. Let me know what happens please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the lamp? Is it by the bulb?

The bulb your're referring to is what is technically referred to as the Lamp by Samsung.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK -- I will go try it now ...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you -- that worked!

You're welcome and I'm glad to hear that. if you need anything further let me know, and if not please rate the answer accordingly.