Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

I have a Panasonic tc54ps14 that is giving me 9 blinking lights.I

I have a Panasonic tc54ps14 that is giving me 9 blinking lights.I tested the power supply on p25 at pin 9 and have 7 volts there.Does this mean my A board is bad?If so where can I get one
Welcome! I'm Dan, a TV repair pro with more than 10 years of experience in consumer electronics troubleshooting and repair. I'd be happy to help!

Usually, 9 blinks is a bad A-board... yes. But I'm interested in the 7V you found. On my schematic, P25 pin 9 should be 5V.

Are you measuring DC?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure,i am using just my multimeter on 20 volts to check.I do not know how to check with dc current

OK, well here's the thing... that 5V pin is your standby pin... if you're getting a flashing LED on the front of the TV, you have that 5V standby... no need to re-measure it.

You need to replace the A-board. That's what I would do, if this was my TV.

My schematics show part number TXN/A1EYUUS, but you should verify with your board before searching for a new one.

I hope that answers your question. If you need anything else, just let me know!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try and hunt 1 of these down to see if it is my problem.The tv was given to me so I don't mind spending a little to fix it.Thank you for your advice.

My pleasure, Tom!

Thanks again for using the site, and for letting me assist you. If you need anything else, now or in the future, be sure to let me know! There are other categories, too... Legal, Medical, etc.

Oh! The site should be sending you a short survey. I'd really appreciate good marks. Thanks in advance!

Best,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I finally got the A board in the mail for my tv.I put it in and it turned right on.Thanks for the help.

That's excellent news, Tom! I'm happy to hear it!

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask. The site has other categories, too... Legal, Automotive, Medical, etc.

Best,