Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have a Jensen 32" TV that came with the 2011 RV that I purchased

I have a Jensen 32" TV that came with the 2011 RV that I purchased new. A week age the audio stopped working at full volume. I can barely hear it at full volume and it is not in the mute mode. I have removed the TV a pluged it in at home, still the same results. I have two questions. Is there anything I have overlooked? Where is the closest location to Winter Haven, FL 33881 that I can take it
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A DVD player was hooked to it. The same audio problem existed when I turned the DVD on and set the mode to TV. The DVD audio ran to seperate speakers and they were at low volume also

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim,

I tried the DVD and the volume was still low.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Try this first...

Turn the tv on so you have a picture.
While it is on unplug it from the wall
Let it sit 5 mins
Plug it back in.

Not saying this will for sure fix your problem, so don't want to get hopes too high. We have however seen this EEPROM reset clear some audio problems in your model, so its the first thing to try. Let me know if anything changes.

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tim

Tried twice, no luck. Anything else or is it time for service?

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
It was worth the try, sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt.

Ok, so how are your devices hooked to the tv?

The choices are:

Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable

Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.

HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.

Coax: This is 1 wire between the tv and the device as well. This is the normal cable wire with the end the screws
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim

No cables hooked up other than the antenna coax. Still little sound. I'm going to take it in for service. Is there a Jensen service center near me? I am in Winter Haven, FL 33881?

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Jensen does not have any service centers, they only did returns when something was broken. So what I would recommend is using www.tvrepairpros.com to find a shop in your area. The shops on that list are NESDA members so they should be the best of the best.

Its sounding like you are going to have a bad main board or possibly a problem in the area of the power supply feeding the main board.

You may need to try a couple shops to find one that will work on this brand, but you should be able to find someone without too much problem.

Tim
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.