Different expert here. I'm Dan, and I'd like to add to the answer you received earlier.
* First... you'll need to fix the blue safety switch with tape to the set can be turned on after removing the lower rear cover.
* Second... you'll need to get the DMD fan out of the way. This is done by removing a single screw and pivoting it away from the DMD board.
* Now look at the DMD board and its case (with the holes in it). DO NOT loosen the screws holding the chip's heat sink in place! Look closely and you'll see 3 screw covers
... those pop out to expose the adjustment screws.
* On the adjustment screws... loosen them just slightly
... just enough to get the DMD board to move. Removing them completely isn't a big deal (the board isn't going to separate) but it's best to just loosen them a little.
* From here, it's easiest to put the TV in service mode to display the crosshatch pattern... that's the best way to ensure it's lined up properly (as opposed to just using a broadcast cable picture). To do that, and with the TV powered off (in STAND BY mode), press: MUTE...1...8...2...POWER (on the remote
, not the TV). Then select DDP3021
and use the up/down arrows to move to TEST PATTERN
, then press ENTER and use the right arrow until you see the crosshatch pattern
* Now have a friend stand in front of the TV to tell you which way the DMD needs to go. It works best if you hold the UPPER CORNERS of the DMD board.
* And like Pete said, above... the movement of the board and the picture are OPPOSITE each other.
, when adjustment is done... FIRST tighten the two screws on the LEFT of the board, then slowly tighten the one screw on the bottom right.
* FOCUS might be off when you're done. If it is, LET ME KNOW and I'll walk you through the fix. OK?
I hope this helps! If it doesn't, just tell me.