Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

I replaced 2 fans in a Samsung HLS6767WX/XAA big screen TV.

I replaced 2 fans in a Samsung HLS6767WX/XAA big screen TV. From the rear, facing the TV, the small fan is on the left (fan#1), on the right is the larger light fan (#2). Between them is
a vertical strip with 3 sockets to plug in. The fans plugged into the bottom 2 sockets
but I am not sure which went to which! does it make a difference? Thanks.
Welcome! I'm Dan, a TV repair pro with more than 10 years of experience in consumer electronics troubleshooting and repair. I'd be happy to help!

No, it doesn't matter. If they fit, they're OK. That might sound funny, but remember that each fan in that set uses the same level of voltage... they don't care which connector they use. The only thing those different ports do, is tell the TV which is Fan 1, vs. Fan 2. That's not really an issue, though, since we need to do a visual inspection before replacing fans anyway. In other words, we can't just go off of what the TV tells us is bad.

Does that make sense?

Get back to me with questions.

Thanks again for using the site, and for letting me assist you. If you need anything else, now or in the future, be sure to let me know! There are other categories, too... Legal, Medical, etc.

Oh! The site should be sending you a short survey. I'd really appreciate good marks. Thanks in advance!