Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

Visual problems with Philips 50PFP533D/37 TV. 7 Black vertical

Customer Question

Visual problems with Philips 50PFP533D/37 TV. 7 Black vertical lines appear on the screen with 8 columns. Each column appears as a ghost image of the column to the left.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, how long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur ? Also, is the tv menu image also affected by this problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had the problem for about 2 years. I put the TV aside to fix later. Now I guess is later...The menu has the same problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry but I have to leave my PC and won't be able to continue tonight. I will open the question to other experts.
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 3 years ago.
Hello Please BE aware
This is tech information service. you are paying for the benefit of my real world experience and can save you time and money
Does the problem occur eveny from left end of the screen to the right ??
are the lines from top/bottom?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The black lines are even across the screen. They are solid top to bottom. It appears more of a video processor problem, I don't think the lines are dead areas. The other thing is the image seems to have a ghost of one section into another.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The lines are evenly spaced across the screen. The black lines are solid top to bottom.

Replace the Logic PCB
this seems like the most likely culprit here
if the lines are evely spaced there is a missing data bus the logic board is the first thing I would change