Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My tv will not turn on. There also is no stand by light

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for, and when did the problem occur?
Was it after a storm or power outage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've had the tv for 7 yrs. it started this morning. No power outage.
Thanks for the reply. Please disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV for 15 seconds. Then plug it back in, making sure the power cord is plugged in tight at the TV also. Then let me know if you can at least get a standby light.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did it not light
Did you hear a click sound when the power cord was plugged in, and is the connection tight at the TV itself as well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Everything is tight I did not hear a click when I plugged the tv back in.
This may sound elementary, but is the outlet confirmed working, are other devices working in the electrical outlet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is confirmed working. I have other devices on same outlet that are on.

Okay thank you.

This means that the power supply board in your TV is faulty, and would need to be replaced. The Board is available for around $50, and you can replace it yourself if you're comfortable using a screwdriver to remove the screws on the back of the set, and opening the TV up.

Or if you're not comfortable with this type of repair, then a Tech will charge around $175 parts and labor to replace the supply.

If you'd like to repair this yourself the power supply board for your TV is available at the link below for purchase:

If you'd rather have someone repair the set for you, you can use the following link to locate a Tech:

If you need further assistance let me know and I will be glad to assist you further.