Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We have justhad our 40" LED Samsung TV fixed as the sound was

Customer Question

We have justhad our 40" LED Samsung TV fixed as the sound was not working and now we have it home - it is still not working. Plse help with any settings that perhaps need to be changed.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Could you please get me the model number found on the back of the set?

If you try another input please like a dvd is that not working either?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony, unfortunately Hubbie has just had a huge fit and taken it back to Makro as they have had it for 6 weeks, it came back and no sound. We took it back and they have had it for a further 2 weeks. We collected it today and they tested it in the shop and it worked. Hubbie bought it home and has plugged it straight into the mains, no sound. Plugged it into DVD and BluRay, no sound. Plugged it in via media player, no sound. So now he has just thrown his toys out the cot and wrapped it all up again and gone back to Makro.

Hi Toni

Wow I feel your frustration there

The thing is makro have an obligation to repair that set, its obvious the set is faulty, you know I dont feel that they have replaced the board usually the sound is done on the mainboard sometimes the terminal board and once thats replaced it covers all angles as the signal processing for the sound and amplification are done on the same board

Sorry to hear your trouble

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Anthony, apparently they said they changed the sound card the first time and when we said it still doesn't have sound, they said now they have changed the main board. It is very strange that they have now had it for 8 weeks in total and both times say that they have tested it and it works fine. We are really not stupid people and work with PC's all the time so we do know alittle about electronics etc. I may have to contact you again once Hubbie gets back now now and it still doesn't work in our home. Is that ok?

Hi

Yes thats OK I may not be able to answer imeediately but will when I see your post

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Much appreciated

Hi

Your Welcome

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hubbie just bought the Makro guy home with him and they can now see that it does not work here. They are now going to finally take it back and replace it!!! Sorr that you couldn't assist me but thank you for your quick responses.

Hello Toni

Thats no problem

Anthony