Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Hi I have a 850hw-by07 plasma hd tv that just went no picture

Customer Question

I have a 850hw-by07 plasma hd tv that just went no picture and then when I tied to go to menu the sound went out as well. You have any info or have you run in to this problem as well.Opened the back cover but not sure what to look for.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Could you please recheck that model number best done by looking at the back of the set usually on a sticky label?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
model #pn51d450a2d
model code # pn51d450a2dxza

Is the powerlight on or blinking in the front of the set?what color is it please too?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
before it would be red and when turned on it would go to blue. now it chimes and blinks red. used to have sound but when i hit menu it has no sound now.
Hi Chris

Their are a number of reasons why this has happened the first checks would be the VS and VA voltages on the powerboard so if you can use a meter and have a hands on approach to do this it may be possible to diagnose the problem.Let me know I will provide more details
With these sets typical problems are failed scan boards and buffers however their is a procedure to follow for diagnosis.
Once diagnosis is complete then the boards are ordered and fitted.

If you feel that this isnt within your scope then a tech would charge about $300 to replace a scan board this is a typical price assuming the set is brought to a repair facility.
If you need a tech will locate a tech in your area

Let me know if you need more info
Please dont forget to rate the answer.Thank You

Many Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ill check the vs and the va voltages tomorrow . got to get my meter at work . ill check the fuse on the board but since the relay clicks i think its still good. though there are no signs of a bad capacitor that i see could there be one as well?and what reading am i looking for on the vs and va what do they mean?

Sorry for delay my computer decided it didnt want to work anymore

OK what you just said tells me a lot about your practicality.
Yes you need to check the Vs and Va voltages these voltages are for the scan boards the X and Y scan boards a plasma has effectively a CRT tube it works very much different from a CRT however their are address lines within the plasma that the X and Y boards via buffers scan its hard to explain the theory isnt easy to get over however these two voltages are needed for the scan boards to work, on the panel itself on a sticky label will be the voltage values (dont adjust anything)typically 190vdc and 60vdc

Let me know what you find