Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have a Hitachi 50sv810 TV. There was no brightness or contrast.I

I have a Hitachi 50sv810 TV. There was no brightness or contrast.I adjusted the controls on the TV.but no help.I replaced the lamp and no change.a very dim picture with a slight tint of green.any help?.the TV is a 2005 year model

Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes with TV or DVD player.maybe I have to set it to something else to get contrast.is it on a filter? Does this TV have blue green red bulbs? Ones bad? Thanksbought TV as is just trying to fix myself.the TVs complicated tjanks
OK, so if you push the MENU button on the tv itself, do the words/pictures in the menu show up in normal color or are they affected by this too?

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The letters tint of green to.not white
OK so this is unfortunate Ronnie, we see this all the time in your model.

What you have here is a bad optical engine. The part number for this is UX23751R. The bad news is it runs around $300 for the part. If you have not done this type of repair before either its probably not a recommended DIY project. This is a delicate part and you have to disassemble much of the tv to change it. Don't get me wrong its not rocket science, if you have some sort of experience then you can probably change it. But I have seen some DIYers damage their sets or their brand new $300 part trying to install them and not knowing what they are doing.

If you were to use a tech to install this, normally it runs around $200-300 in labor making it a $500-600 repair.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks,

Tim

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks.on pretty good with repairing things.electronics etc. Just wondering if there is a danger in eclectically shock in replacing this part.I know messing with some area can give you quite a shock.experienced one already.thanks!
No, if you unplug the tv, there is no danger at all in this tv, it does not hold enough voltage to hurt you...might give you a quick zap but just enough to tickel.

Tim