Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have an 40 inch acai tv that is barely every used upstairs

I have an 40 inch acai tv that is barely every used upstairs in the house. Today I tried to turn it on with the remote and on the front and no reaction from the tv. I changed plugs - no difference. The dish network box is lit up. Tv just won't come on. What can I try?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
-When you plug it in or turn it on, does it do anything what so ever? (slight click noise, light blink, anything at all?)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

pt46dl10 its a rear projection tv. we replaced the lamp on it once already. no noises. it always had an odd lag when you turn it on.. gets a green light after a bit.. Now nothing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's about 7 years old

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
Any storms or power issues between the last time you used it and the first time it did not work?

Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, but do you think it's the power supply?

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 1 year ago.
It could be.

With a completely dead set, meaning 100% dead, no lights, no noises, no nothing. Then you can have; a bad AC fuse, a bad power supply or a bad main board.

Some internal testing at this point is needed to determine which one is bad in your set. Do you have/know how to use a meter? If so I can help you with the troubleshooting/repair of the set.

If not and you use a tech at this point you are probably looking around $100 if its an AC fuse, if its a power supply or main board it might run $200-300 on average.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need any other information at all, if you do please use the reply to expert tab. If this was all the info you needed then please remember to rate me before leaving. Please do not hesitate to ask anything, happy to help in any way I can!

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.