Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main

I have a Zenith DLP, Model Z56DC1D. Recently, it began to

Customer Question

I have a Zenith DLP, Model Z56DC1D. Recently, it began to make a whining noise and then just shut off. I tried to restart the TV and it has not come back on since. Both fans are working and yesterday I replaced the bulb. It is still making the whining noise and still wont come on. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

The whining noise is the color wheel bearings, eventually the color wheel will seize and shut off the lamp thats whats happening with your set right now.
The color wheel will need to be replaced

http://www.encompassparts.com/item/6842916/LG/31419SN987A/Chassis_Assembly

If you think you can do that yourself please let me know

A tech would charge about $350 to carry out the work you can find a tech in your area by using this link www.tvrepairpros.com

Please let me know if you need more information

Many Thanks
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Will give that a shot. I appreciate the quick response. Thanks!

Hello

OK thank you

Let me know if you need any more info the thread will still be open

Thanks Again

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I installed the new color wheel. No more whining noise and the TV comes on and stays on. However, the color is all out of whack. I tried adjusting the settings in the menu but it didn't make any changes. Did I do something wrong??
Hi

Have you changed anything in the service menu?you may need to align the index delay

Let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am able to get into the service menu, but have no idea how to align the index delay. There are quite a few selections in the service menu. What do I select to do this?

Hi

To be honest this set is a rarity compared to the sonys and the samsungs if you cant see an index delay in there at this moment I dont know what the sitaution is I can recall fitting a color wheel in one a few years ago with no issues, how far out is the color on it?
Is their a phasing problem red is blue and blue is red?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The color is not too far out, but yes. The colors aren't what they should be.

Hi

Would it be possible for you to list the options for me in the service menu I dont have a service manual for this set I may recognise something that may help

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Display driver, device driver, VDP, Lamp Time, Temperature, Power Off Mode, OPTIC CHECK, Cable Adj, and Servie. Under "Service" there is MSP A2 Threshold and UPD Color Killer level
Hi

No I cant see anything that springs to mind when we have this issue on the samsungs its an index delay adjustment, if I can get the service manual that may help, at this point I know whats happening the color wheel is too slow or too fast

Leave it with me I see if I can get the service manual

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok then. Let me know if you can get the manual. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to bring my TV in for repair. Thanks for the help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I turned on a cartoon and the colors itself don't seem that far off. If this makes any sense, it looks like the colors are "smudged" with purple and pink. If that helps any..
Hi

Give me a couple days, its almost certain to be an adjustment if its not that far out and yes I know what you mean, cartoons always look better though

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Anthony. Any luck on that service manual?

Hi

No looked everywhere

I will open the question for anyone else who may know

Anthony
Expert:  Rod replied 1 year ago.
Hello - I am Rod and I will do my best to help you - I have over 40 years in electronic design, trouble shooting, and repair.

I have not had the fortune to work on this specific model. It is made by LG electronics. I have the service manual - but it does not have the color wheel adjustments listed - it was in a one page service bulletin.

I have copied it for you below. Since your colors are only slight off - look at the CWI index number that your service menu has - only adjust it a few points up or down - this will take a little trial and error to get correct.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That did the trick! Thanks for all the help.

Expert:  Rod replied 1 year ago.

Glad to help. Please remember to rate if you are satisfied.

Thanks,