Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have a Samsung LN40A550 television that developed a picture

I have a Samsung LN40A550 television that developed a picture problem a few weeks ago. The colors for both the antenna/inputs and the menus are all reversed like a photo negative. I have posted a video of the problem on YouTube:

I checked the capacitors on the main board and none of them seem swollen. After reading on several forums and this website, I decided to pick up a T-CON board from eBay to fix the problem. I replaced the board in my TV, but the problem is exactly the same now as it was before. Can you offer any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Do you mean you checked the capacitors on the powerboard?

The tcon board you got did you order this by partnumber?you took the partnumber from your original board?

Let me know thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I actually looked at all the capacitors on both the main and power boards - nothing seemed abnormal about them. The part numbers don't match exactly on the T-CON boards, but I had read that it would work for the model TV I owned. I may have been mistaken about that one...

The one I ordered was part # XXXXX$35-D026047-L$QSR827100165. I don't have the one from my original board in front of me, but I can get it when I go home for lunch.

Where did you get it from please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought this item:

I purchased it on eBay because the normal source I saw mentioned - - did not have any in stock.

Hi Charles

OK the likelihood is that the tcon you got is good especially as its showing exactly the same symptoms the bad news is this is a bad LCD panel itself (screen), unfortunately to replace the LCD panel is not an option due to the cost, LCD panel failure is very common im afraid.
I am sorry for poor news here, you should complain to samsung some manuf do help with premature failure of the panel

Let me know if I can do anything else or you need further clarification

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX feared as much. The symptoms I was experiencing (and in the video) looked so much like the ones that others had fixed with a new T-CON board. Would you get the same symptoms from a bad/defective panel?

Yes you can get the same odd effect and more with the panel itself bad, you have done the right thing by changing the tcon the only thing left is the panel.

Sorry for this heartbreaking news, you should complain to samsung

Let me know if I can help anymore