Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My 7 year old TV is a 2006 61" Samsung PLP HDTV 1080P. Model

Customer Question

My 7 year old TV is a 2006 61" Samsung PLP HDTV 1080P. Model #HLS6187WX/

Problem is that first the audio/sound began to get garbled, then audio stopped, turned the TV off, then back on, & audio still didn't come on, the second time I tried to turn the TV back on, it wouldn't turn on.

After 1 year, after buying this TV, I had to replace the lamp. That was fine, it worked right away, but now 5 years later when the above happened, we thought that's what was wrong again, so went ahead & replaced this lamp, but nothing happened, TV still won't turn on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Can you please tell me exactly what signs of life the TV currently has- What lights are lit on the front panel, do the fans come on, when power is pressed, any blinking lights, etc.?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Aric, this is Mary...the only sing of life on the TV is a red, solid, led light on the front panel. No blinking lights at all.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
It's nice to meet you Mary.

I am very sorry for the delay, the site went down and I've been trying to reply for about 10 minutes now.

When you power up the TV, can you hear the Fans start up?