Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.

More often than not when I turn on my TV it takes 20-30 minutes

More often than not when I turn on my TV it takes 20-30 minutes before the lines clear up and I can get a picture. Ideas?
Hi, My name is Steven

Thank you for asking your question today. It would help us to know:
Could you explain a little about what the lines look like, are the thin vertical lines, are they stationary?
We're looking forward to hearing back from you soon!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well as I type this they are mostly colorful green lines running vertical (different shades of green) and this time it's been almost an hour since I turned the TV on

When I first turn it on tho it is a gray and white screen with wide horizontal stripes

Do they cover the entire screen? can you still see the picture?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they are very thin vertical lines and over time tend to blend together. There is one almost solid black line of about 1 1/2 inches on the right of the screen

No I cant see any picture,

The condition you explain is usually caused by a TCON Board, it is not something that will be fixed by a reset procedure or anything like that. Are you trying to repair this your-self or are you looking for a estimated cast of repair?

Estimated cost of repair?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that's what I meant yes

I see the part listed on salvage sites for as low as 25 dollars. of course a shop will mark that up a bit I think you can get this repaired for around 125 to 150 depending on the shops in your area, If you decide to to take it to a shop as them about using salvaged or green choice parts. It will hold cost down quite a bit. I am not sure what the retail value of this unit is but many units in this size range are not worth the price of repair vs replacement cost.
Thank you so much for the rating, you can always post back to this question with follow up questions at no extra charge.