Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I gave two Samsung TVs with a cable box for each. What do

Customer Question

I gave two Samsung TV's with a cable box for each. What do I do so I can connect Netflix to my tv's?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

To get Netflix on these TV's, you either need to have a TV that is a Smart TV and has the App for Netflix built in (this would be in your TV's literature and would specifically show on the TV "Netflix" capable), or you would need to purchase an external device such as a Blu Ray player with Netflix capability, a Wii or a PS3 Game system. Without knowing what the exact model numbers are off of the back of the TV's I can only assume they do not have Netflix built in.

That being said, if you'd like a link to a Blu Ray player that supports this App (you would still need a hard wired or wireless internet connection in the area of the Blu Ray player), then let me know and I will provide a link for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you be wired for the internet and not be involved with "blue ray"?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Yes you can be wired for Internet, but you need to still get the Netflix to the TV's somehow. The device has to "support" Netflix, in other words will need to say "Netflix" Capable right on the device in order for you to get Netflix.

So you need to purchase "something", anything that supports Netflix. A PS3 game console, a blu ray player, a Wii game console, etc.