Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How to get app on Vizio?

I'm assuming you have the E420D oa model since you stated it was a smart TV and 42 inches.

Adding a New App to the VIA Dock

Though your TV arrives pre-loaded with featured VIA Apps, new

Apps are continually being added to the Widget Gallery. The VIA

Dock canhold a total of 17 Apps.

To add a new App:

1. Press the V Button on the remote.

2. Highlight the Connected TV Store App by scrolling left and

right using the Left/Right Arrow buttons on the remote. (The

highlighted App is in the lower left corner of the screen.)

3. Select Connected TV Store by pressing the OK button. The

Yahoo! Widget Gallery is displayed.

4. Use the Arrow and OK buttons to select a new App.

5. Highlight Add Widget to My Profile and press OK.

Removing an App from the VIA Dock

To remove an App:

1. Press the V Button on the remote.

2. Highlight the App you want to delete by scrolling left and

3. Press the Yellow VIA Shortcut button.

4. Highlight Delete Snippet and press OK. The TV displays, "Are

you sure you want to delete this snippet?"

5. Highlight Yes, delete and press OK.

If that doesn't match your model number, we will need it to research the procedure. I would expect that should be how all Vizio App based units’ function. They're pretty consistent across the board.

If that doesn't work, get me your model number on the back of your TV set.

Read full interaction below »

Question

How do I get the Pandora icon back on my Vizio smart TV?

Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Adding a New App to the VIA Dock

Dock can hold a total of 17 Apps.

To add a new App:

1. Press the V Button on the remote.

Yahoo! Widget Gallery is displayed.

Removing an App from the VIA Dock

To remove an App:

1. Press the V Button on the remote.

5. Highlight Yes, delete and press OK.