Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

My sony 60EX700 quit in the middle of a show the other day.

My sony 60EX700 quit in the middle of a show the other day. Screen went black. If I do a power reset, it will turn on and flash the screen, but immediately shut back off. I even changed the power cord to see if that was an issue. After it shuts itself off, I get the Red LED in the lower left corner, two flashes then a pause then two more flashes

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

2 blinks on this set indicates a power supply issue. Your power supply board is very likely faulty. This is common on these newer flat panel sets. This fault is usually caused by bad capacitors (leaking or bulging) on the board but could be also some other components or combination of issues with that board.

The usual fix is to swap out the board. Here is one:

If you do not feel up to doing the work yourself, a technician will charge you about $125-$150 in labor plus the cost of the board.

I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix :( Any time you get a blink code on a set like this, it is not good news.

I'll be here if you need further help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That's what I figured. Is swapping this out pretty easy? I've built plenty of PCs, but don't want to get in over my head

Dead easy. If you have built a PC, you can do this with your eyes closed.

Take the back off the TV, ID the board, disconnect it, remove it, put the new one in, connect it, put the back on the TV and you are done.