Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

When I turned off my Sharp model LC-C3234U tv unit everything

When I turned off my Sharp model LC-C3234U tv unit everything was fine. When I try to turn it back on all I get is the power light turns orange then the OPC light comes on then the screen kind of flashes, then the OPC light goes off and the power light flashes green. Is there anything I can do to resolve this matter???
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Can you please tell me how long you've owned the Sharp for and when did the problem occur?

Was it after a storm or power outage?

Additionally, when the power light blinks, is it a continuous blinking, or in sort of a pattern (such as 3 blinks, pause, 3 blinks, pause, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had about 4 years, no power outage or storm has occurred, the blinking of the power light is steady and continuous
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply.

Additionally, you stated that the screen flashes when the set does power up is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a quick flash at bottom of screen, but never actually shows anything else
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply.

Please try disconnecting the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the set itself for 20 seconds, then plug the TV back in and press power once.

Let me know if you have the same problem, and if so, check to see if the light starts blinking as soon as the TV is plugged in, or only after you've pressed power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you requested I unplugged the unit, held the power button for 20 seconds, then plugged back in the unit - The power light started blinking green and steady as soon as I plugged in the unit, I pressed the power button once as requested. Nothing has changed from the prior description of my problem. And the power light is still flashing steady green
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I'm sorry to hear that, and unfornately this indicates a fault within the TV that requires service.

I will try to explain this the best I can here.

You have a faulty Mainboard, or a faulty Power Supply Board. The Mainboard generates the standby light, and also allows the power supply to click on once the power button is pressed. This brings up the voltages from the supply that are necessary to power up the other circuits in the TV.

With the symptoms you have, this indicates a faulty Mainboard more often than not.

There aren't any resets or adjustments that will fix this problem however and the TV will require service.

The Mainboard cost for replacement is around $225 parts and labor, and if the supply itself is determined to be faulty, then the repair would be closer to $200 parts and labor. The problem will not be both though, it will be one or the other. I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but unfortunately this is the case.

If you'd like, you can use the link below to locate a Tech in your area:

www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need further assistance, let me know and I will continue to assist you here.
If you're satisfied with my service (not the problem with the TV), please do not forget to rate the answer accordingly.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.