Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have a Vizio that I bought new in November 2011. I turned

I have a Vizio that I bought new in November 2011. I turned it off last night and when I got up today it would not come back on . I tryed everything changed the batteries in the remot. checked all the connections , tryed the button on the side of the TV checked the plug in and nothing. Please help

Hi! Thank you for using Just Answer today! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-When you plug it in or press the power button on the tv itself, does it do anything at all? (light blink, click noise, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It does nothing
Any storms or power issues last night?

tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No

There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First there is an AC fuse in the tv, however if there were no storms or power issues, this would be very unlikely. If this were the problem it would be best case scenario, normally this runs around $100 to have a tech come to your home and replace. If you can use a meter we can check and replace this very cheap.

Next, you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $125-$150 to fix the set. IF the power supply had to be replaced you could be looking at $150-200

Last could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $200-$300 for the repair.

Either of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

Please rate my service and push the submit button. If you need anything further at all, please use the REPLY TO EXPERT tab and I will be more than happy to help you further.

Thanks!

Tim

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont have equipment to check it so thank you I guess I will try to find a repair shop some where to take it to. Thank you for your help. Is there a way I will not get a monthly charge for this one time is Ok but not monthly.
No problem, Gloria, sorry for the bad news though. You are not signed up for the monthly, so you wont be charged monthly. Just the one time.

Thank you for using Just Answer, sorry we did not have better news this time.

Tim