Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a LG lcd tv. I would like to hook up external speakers

I have a LG lcd tv. I would like to hook up external speakers for better sound but don't see connections. Is there a way of doing this?
Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello martin , welcome back to justanswer.

Not sure what type of external speakers or sound you had in mind but there are a couple of options here with this model.

There is an optical audio out at the back of this tv that could be used either with a soundbar or home theater system , soundbar would be the easiest in this case.

if you have nothing fancy in mind but just better sound then a good pair of computer speakers (or soundbar) connected in the headphones jack on this tv would do the trick.

I will be in standby for your questions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was thinking about the Bose Solo.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Nice choice then and I could not better that unless you wan to get into soundbars with wireless subs for example., this would fit perfectly with this tv .
All you will need with this is an optical cable

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So its just a simple plug in to the optical audio port? And the Bose Solo is a good unit?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Good morning.Sorry was out last night when you replied to me.Yes this soundbar is connected with an optical cable either out of the tv or the cable box,satellite receiver ,any optical audio sound source will work for that matter.As for being a good unit , well... it is Bose and I saw some good review on it.I also like the fact that you can sit your tv directly on it , no need to hang it on the wall or set it on a shelf.I will be in standby if you have any questions.Thank you
Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Good morning.
Sorry was out last night when you replied to me.

Yes this soundbar is connected with an optical cable either out of the tv or the cable box,satellite receiver ,any optical audio sound source will work for that matter.

As for being a good unit , well... it is Bose and I saw some good reviews on it.
I also like the fact that you can sit your tv directly on it , no need to hang it on the wall or set it on a shelf.
I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you

By the way, sorry for the double reply , we were having difficulties with the website this morning.