Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

My Sharp Aquos LC-42d43u too has washed out colors. The reds

My Sharp Aquos LC-42d43u too has washed out colors. The reds are too orange. and the white balance it way off. The screen seems saturated with too much brightness.

Hi! Thank you for using Just Answer today! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game console, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tv is about 5 years old

All input have the same issue with the picture (HDMI, Cable, DVD)

Verified it is not the cable have another tv working on the same antenna.

OK if the main board did not fix it then you have one of two options as to what is causing it. This can be caused by a bad t-con board or a bad lcd panel. Most of the time its a bad t-con board and not the panel.

There is no way to test between the two other than putting a t-con in to see if it fixes it.

If you click HERE there are two t-con boards listed for your model, I need to know which one matches the board in your tv.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will have to pull it apart this week-end to get to it. So the next step is the T-Con board once I verify wich one I will order it and let you know.

Yes that is correct, let me know if you need anything at all.