Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 42in. Sanyo HDTV LCD and the screen will not come

I have a 42in. Sanyo HDTV LCD and the screen will not come on
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Can you please tell me how long you've had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Also, are there any signs of life at all on the TV (power light lit, or blinking, click sound when power is pressed, etc.)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had the Tv for 4yrs now and the problem occur about 2 weeks ago. I do see a green light at the bottom to tell there is life

I'm very sorry for the delay, the site has been glitchy and would not let me send you a reply.

Have you tried unplugging the set from power, then pressing and holding the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 20 seconds, then plugging it back in to see if it resets?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i have not. So go and unplug it hold the power button while it is unplug for 20 sec. then plug it back up

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX please try that. Either your Mainboard or Power Supply Board's EPROM are locking up, and it could simply need to be reset, or could be due to a fault. Let me know what happens please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that's not working even tried to plug it in a different socket

Okay, when you press the power button does the set click and sound like it is coming on?

Does the color of the power light change?

Or does the set appear exactly the same when it is off, as when you press the power button?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i press the button no sound and the color of the power light is the same green and the set appears the same no change

I understand.

This indicates that the Mainboard is not sending the communication needed for the power supply board to "click" on when the power button is pressed. These two boars work in tandem to allow the TV to power up, and either one or the other having a fault will cause the symptoms you're having.

Unfortunately this is not something that can be corrected via any settings or adjustments and the TV will require service to fix the issue.

A tech will typically check the 5 volt power output going to the Mainboard to see if it is in spec, and then replace the Mainboard if it is.

Average cost for this type of repair on your set is going to be $250 parts and labor whether the Mainboard or the Power Supply board have been isolated to be causing the problem. The problem is either going to be one or the other.

If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a Tech in your area:

www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need further assistance let me know and I will continue to assist you here.

If you're satisfied with my service (not the problem with the TV), please do not forget to rate the answer accordingly.